Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Graduation a-coming

I managed to bully the English Department Head into granting me an exemption in order to graduate after this summer. Actually, I didn't really bully him (I doubt if I could bully anyone. I'm more of a bullyee than bullier), I just asked and he said "Of course." It pays to be on a first-name basis with profs, I guess.

At any rate, I shall finally be graduating with a BA in English, with minors in Classical Studies and Music. I actually have more than the necessary classes for a History minor as well, but they told me I'm not allowed to have more than two minors. Who do they think they are, anyway? I should be able to major in minors, if I want to.

So, I'm just about finished the last writing class I'll ever take--and as I leave that class I'll simultaneously forfeit my lifelong whim of writing a book someday. After all, that was mostly because of a promise I made someone when I was in grade 6, that I would someday dedicate a book to said person. In my last writing class, we had to make crummy little homemade poetry books, and I dedicated mine to said person (and my prof said that such a dedication counts, when I asked him about it). So, no more book. It's taken me years to write just the first few chapters anyway, and books tend to need plots.

But that's enough ranting for one day.

No comments: