Monday, July 10, 2006

Looks like it's time for some updation.

This weekend I went to Saskatoon with some of my family. It was fairly awesome (or would have been, if I hadn't been feeling like crap the whole time). I got to see/stay in my brother's new house, saw my cousin's new condo, and we went on a river cruise. But it was generally too hot out. Here's a couple pictures of the trip.

Classes are going decently, at least they're not too much work. I actually really like Romantic poetry, and the prof doesn't require us to analyze stuff all the time (just for our essays, which he requires us to do historical research for), so maybe I'll actually enjoy the reading. As for anthropology, it doesn't matter if I even pass the class, but my perfectionist habits are compelling me to do as well as I can. Also, my cousin's husband is teaching the class, so I'd be kind of embarrassed to fail. Plus I've never even come close to failing anything ever before, no need to start now.

Yes, drawings from the library would appear to be over. It was the posting every day that I couldn't keep up with. Perhaps I'll put a drawing up now and then on this blog, but probably not.
  • I highly recommend this if you need a quick complaint letter.

  • The Oxford English Dictionary Online (this only works if you have a password. UofR students can access it as part of the library services. SERVICES!). I'm going to have to say "behoney" and "behoof" a lot, now that I know they're real words.
And finally, today marks the thirtieth phonecall from the Britons.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

the OED is rather useful indeed. i've used it many times for my medieval lit classes to determine word origin and whatnot. it's wierd how the meanings of words change over the centuries.

and yay for saskatoon! i'm still waiting on the response to my job app n interview thingy, so not sure if i'm sticking it out here for the rest of the summer or heading home.

Anonymous said...

wait .. what? no more drawings?

Lapsura said...

No. No laughing.

Actually, I have a few new ones but won't post them for a while yet. Because no laughing allowed.

Amy said...

Let's keep arms inside.

If it makes your perfectionism feel better, I think your anthro mark will still count towards your undergrad average, so it's in your best interests to do well.

Blake said...

no laughing? what? at the drawings?

Lapsura said...

I know, I know, nobody laughs at them anyways...

Blake said...

well, it was more gfawing than laughing, but they were still humourous. I liked them.